Wise Owl Stain Eliminating Primer is a safe and effective bonding agent and stain eliminator. You can use this primer on most surfaces, including decks, concrete, walls, furniture and cabinets. With four color choices, it's perfect for all of your home or furniture update projects.
It is recommended to use Wise Owl Primer under white or light colors to prevent wood tannin from bleeding through; Mahogany and Cherry are woods that are notorious for bleeding. We also recommend using a primer under all One Hour Enamel applications for superior bonding durability. It also increases durability and longevity. Cabinets, tile and floors should always be primed.
- Dark Gray
*Note: Clear primer will appear milk white in the can. It will dry clear.
We suggest using
- White primer under whites and light colors
- Gray primer under medium colors and reds
- Clear primer under dark paint color or whenever you are distressing.
Coverage per quart: approximately 160 square feet
Stain Eliminating Primer Application Tips
- The surface must be clean and free of dirt, grease, wax and chalk. Remove all flaking paint with a scraper, wire brush or sandpaper. Fill all holes, crack or surface imperfections.
- Lightly stir the product with a circular motion until the product is uniform throughout.
- May be applied with a brush, roller or sprayer. For best results using a brush, use a quality nylon/polyester brush and a ⅜” nap cover. It may be thinned with up to 10% water for spray application.
- Primer should be dry to touch in 1 hour. Reapply in 4 hours under normal drying conditions. Sealing stains may require two coats and a longer reapplication window to allow the primer to dry thoroughly prior to finishing. This dry time is what seals in stains and tannins.
- After painting, wait 24 hours to apply the topcoat.
- Clean brushes and rollers in soapy water immediately after painting.